products & ingredients
what are the health benefits of beeswax candles?
Beeswax candles are considered to be natural air purifiers, cleansing the air of pollutants, allergens and bacteria. When beeswax candles are lit, they release negative ions into the air. The negative ions attach to and neutralize the positive particles (pollutants, allergens, dust, etc.). Once attached, they become too heavy to continue floating and fall to the ground where it gets swept up in normal cleaning routines.
Beeswax is also hypo-allergenic so it's a great candle solution for people with allergies or other sensitivities.
are paraffin and soy candles bad for me?
The short answer is yes. Toss them out, or simply keep a lid on them if they add nice decor to your home.
Paraffin is a petroleum-based wax which releases harmful toxins into the air which has been linked to asthma and lung cancer.
90% of soy crops are genetically modified and heavily sprayed with toxic pesticides. These toxins can be contained in the soy wax and spread through the air when lit.
what are the candle dimensions? how big are the candles?
We have 2 sizes:
8 oz (1 wick): 3.5" tall x 2.9" wide.
16 oz (2 wicks): 3.8" tall x 3.6" wide.
what type of wicks are used?
We use all-natural cotton wicks, primed with white beeswax.
are your candles 100% pure beeswax?
Yes, all Aire Candles are 100% pure beeswax sourced from local American beekeepers! We do not add any other type of filler wax such as soy, paraffin, coconut, etc. to the candles...it's purely beeswax.
where do you source your essential oils from?
Our essential oils are sustainably-sourced from all over the world! All of our essential oils are 100% pure and therapeutic grade.
what are the candle burning instructions?
For the optimal long-lasting experience:
1. Trim the wick to 1/4" and remove wick debris before you light the candle for the first time.
2. Light the candle and make sure it stays lit for 3-4 hours, or until the wax pool has reached the outer edge of the jar.
3. Trim the wick to 1/4" before each time you want to relight the candle.
Burn within sight. Keep away from things that catch fire. Keep out of reach of children and pets. Never touch or move while lit, or until wax hardens. Do not burn on cold, wet or unstable surfaces. Stop use when ½” of wax remains. Do not extinguish with water. Discontinue use if glass is chipped or cracked.
why is the candle extinguishing itself?
First ensure there is not a draft in the room causing the candle to extinguish itself. If not, the very top of the wick may be burnt and may need to be trimmed to expose some fresh cotton. Simply trim a little bit of the wick and re-light the candle until a flame persists.
what should I do if my candle has tunneled?
Fixing a tunneled candle is challenging, but certainly possible! Try one of these:
1. Wrap tin foil around the edges when lit and this will help melt the wax on the edges (just allow for a hole at the top so smoke can escape),
2. Use a hairdryer or heatgun to melt the wax and even it out,
3. If you feel confident in this approach, you can place the unlit candle in an oven on low heat until the wax has smoothed out. Heat it to 175 degrees F, place the candle on a cookie sheet and pop the candle in the oven for about five/ten minutes. Turn on the oven light so you can keep an eye on the candle and make sure that it doesn’t get too warm.
To avoid additional tunneling, do not trim your wick until the tunnel has gone away.
why is the flame so big?
The flame can get very large if it's not properly trimmed. A long wick creates a tall flame and ultimately a quick burn. For best results, always trim your wick before lighting.
can i exchange for a different scent?
Unfortunately, we do not have an exchange program. If you would like to return the item, please contact us for return instructions.